Search This Blog

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Cut it out!

Just when you think you know Christopher Kane he brings out another collection and surpasses all expectations, combining bold statement cut-out pieces , pretty dresses and slogan jumpers.
It was clear that it was heavily influenced by wild flowers.I really loved the versatility of this collection , some designs were simplistic & beautiful where others were bold & daring.

I thought that this dress was particularly interesting , with the intricately cut designs and  metallic soft mint fabric.Several pieces featured a cut-out -type design , of which I think will be repetitively copied by many of the  high street stores within a few months.



I thought that these jumpers were really pretty and looked delightful with the matching midi skirts.Though , I find that slogan jumpers are over worked , Kane adds another dimension to this seemingly tired trend.




My favourite few pieces used slogans , cut-outs ,embellishments AND intricate patterns , all thrown onto dresses that look fantastically romantic but with a certain edge.




I'm so in love with those last four dresses that I think that I might spontaneously combust.I look forward to seeing the high street's attempt at incorporating this rare beauty into their new designs.
Kate
xox