Search This Blog

Friday, 27 December 2013

Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth, an ethical diamond company asked me to participate in their personality style challenge , which meant creating a mood board around one of their beautiful pieces of jewellery.I considered making up an outfit but then I thought that is what everyone else would do , so I used pictures and text that I thought would look pretty and hopefully work well together.

So , for the first one I was thinking about a  person who could rock a pair of jeans and a  t -shirt , look elegant and uber cool : then I just thought KATE MOSS! Also I think that this piece of jewellery would look really cute with that outfit.

For the second board I was inspired by these beautiful wisteria earrings , and then my train of thought from there was as follows:
-flowers
-daisies
-wild flowers
-flower crowns
-"...be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..."
-how does the rest of that Scott Mackenzie song go again?
-Oh yeah , that was it : "If you're going to San Francisco , be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."
I actually quite like that you have to look just a little more carefully to read the writing because it is in yellow and it is almost camouflaged by the wild flowers.
And for my final creation , I was thinking about "Submarine", that Richard Ayoade film, and about the duffel coats that they wear - which I suppose is sort of a weird thing to think about , but anyway this led me to think about minimalism. Which then made me think of that amazing person , Alexa Chung and how well she does minimalism.And then I thought of minimalist art - so I included an early picture of Bridget Riley in front of some of her work.
I really love that bar necklace it is so simple but beautiful.

If you want to see more of Brilliant Earth's magnificent ethically sourced jewellery then you can visit their website.
Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!...
...usually this means a Christmas playlist and/or loads of pointless pictures of "Christmas inspo" but I'm busy taking lots of photographs with my new camera ( which means new blog posts for you guys-hooray!)
Kate
xoxx