Search This Blog

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Royals and Rebels

 A long overdue thank you, is in order to Mattel for sending two really cute Princess Julia shirts and two equally adorable dolls- for the launch of a designer collaboration between Ever After High and some of London's emerging designers. Claire Barrow and Ryan Lo designed bags  for the Ever After High "Rebels" whilst Bobby Abley and Ashley Williams ( of Happy Ashley!!!) designed bags for the  Ever After High "Royals".Which went on sale exclusively at Selfridges London Toy Store back in October along side the dolls that inspired them.

 I particularly liked the watercolour painting of "Apple White"  that was printed onto the t-shirt.It think that it kind of looked like Debbie Harry.The other watercolour was also pretty , but I find it just the tiniest bit creepy.



They also sent me a couple of the dolls from the franchise , one being "Briar Beauty" , daughter of Sleeping Beauty , who happens to be an Ever After High "Rebel".I was pleasantly surprised in the sheer detail put into these characters and I'm sure if I was seven again they would make an excellent Christmas present.




My favourite bag was designed by Claire Barrow , I really loved the gothic feel the deep purple velvet adds to this £150 bag.



I think this raccoon bag is really clever and the colours are especially lovely - designed by the always fabulous Ashley Williams!

 Kate
xox